The Day I cracked just a little bit down one seam

Just thought I’d also stick in a wee entry about The Day I Snapped as well.

You guys know I’ve liked them for a while, I think the first time I seen them they were supporting Biffy Clyro at King Tuts many years ago when Rab dragged me along to see Biffy. Then not long after it we all went to see The Vandals on that ill fated night of Ned Violence. I still laugh about the guys that gave the sob story of how theyd been mugged and lost their ticket only for the band to tell the crowd about this whilst Mark’s standing there with freshly placed staples/stitches in his skull and rab with his cheeck still bleeding from the fight not an hour beforehand. Anyway…as we left that gig that night we seen the advert beside the front door for a band looking for a new bass player. We joking told Rab to go for it despite him barely knowning how to play bass at the time. Little did I know that my friend Thomas would end up getting the gig.

I’ve lost count of the number of gigs I’ve been to see them at…its safe to say that I’ve seen them play more than any other band but thats purely down to the big names only coming round once a year if we’re lucky and TDIS’s ‘knack’ of getting support for any of the bigger bands that came to these shores over the period of a year or two. In fact they ended up supporting The Offspring at the SECC not that long ago thanks to the support act pulling out.

Over the last year I’ve got to know the drummer Craig a bit better and it’s meant we’ve got free tickets to a few gigs and theres a rivalry there on the bowling alley like the West of Scotland has rarely seen. But noone goes there anymore.

Anyway I’ve struggling to get a hold of any recorded work by them for ages after being stuck with thier original recordings from all those years ago. Then…just as Craig says TDIS might be playing their last ever gig thanks to thier guitarist going off to foreign lands…they record a live CD. Craig very kindly offered to make copies for folk and this morning a copy of the live gig as well as their demos from 2000-2004 landed on my desk at work. Bet you can’t guess whats gong in the CD player at lunchtime! :D

1. Vonnie [Member] says:

Aww! Craig’s such a sweetie :D

2. Mo [Visitor] says:

Oooh! I’m waiting for my copy to arrive – well looking forward to it :D

3. Bobzilla [Member] says:

see I really love the early songs that the guys just don’t play anymore. I know theyve reworked a few of the older ones and when I see them play live I can see where some of the bits have either been updated or theyve taken a really cool riff form teh older one..tweaked it and put it in a new song (could be the old one really overhauled that i didnt notice though ;))

Maybe its just because I’ve only heard the new stuff a handfull of times and these CD’s will change my mind :)

Btw..didnt get to play them at lunchtime as I was on the phone for most of it :(

4. Roo [Visitor] says:

It’s Robert!!!

‘sake people! :\

You refer to Thomas as a “friend”?

5. Bobzilla [Member] says:

He was and always will be Rab to me :p

And yes, at the time he was a friend

6. Craig [Visitor] says:

Glad you like Bob. Some new tunes will be with you soon. Not sure I want to know the story behind the anti-Thomas vibe though :(

7. Bobzilla [Member] says:

Ruth has history with him and I’ve not seen or talked to him in years so on my end its not so much he’s not a friend more a case of just dont see him anymore. He’s done me alot of favours over the years.