100g Dark Chocolate
150g Caster Sugar
150g Self Raising Flour
2 Large Eggs – Beaten
Pinch of Salt
300g Good Quality marmalade (I’ve found Roses to be best as it doesnt break up and mix in like the cheaper versions and you end up with we blobs of jam through the cake rather than just tasting it.)
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4 and grease and flour a 20-23 cm cake tin.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy based pan and once melted add the chocolate. Just as the chocolate starts to go soft take off the heat and mix until its a ll creamy.
3. Add the sugar, salt, eggs and marmalade and mix well.
4. Fold in the flour and then pour in to the cake tin.
5. Bake for approx 50 mins before letting tin sit on cooling rack for 10 mins before taking the cake out of the tin.
I’ve found that its actually best eaten when its been baked for about 40-45 mins and your testing skewer doesnt quite come out clean. Eaten warm its amazing.
I’ve also found that if you use dark cherry jam instead of marmalade its amazing with some creme fraiche.
No tag for this post.